The Halifax Sexual Health Centre relies heavily on the work of our wonderful volunteers. As a non-profit, we are usually operating with minimum staff, and the contributions of time, energy, and talents from our volunteers are a critical component of our success. At any given time, we usually have between 10 – 20 clinic volunteers working regular weekly shifts.
Our clinic volunteers assist us in many areas, but their primary duties include assisting in the medical clinic (e.g. cleaning exam rooms and processing specimens for the lab) and assisting at the front desk (e.g., answering phones, greeting clients and checking people in). They are often asked to help with administrative tasks such as photocopying and putting information packets together.
Successful applicants are:
- supportive of a holistic view of sexuality and sexual health
- passionate about working in a supportive and inclusive environment
- able to commit to our policy of 100% confidentiality
- able to commit to 3 - 4 hours a week on the same day each week.
- able to commit to staying with us for at least a year (ideally)
- passionate about helping others and promoting positive well-being in our community
If you are interested in applying to be a clinic volunteer, please download and print this form. After completing this form, please submit it to our volunteer coordinator, along with a recent resume. You can e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 429-3853, or deliver it in-person. How quickly you are contacted for an interview will depend on the strength of your application and our availability of positions.